I thought I'd weigh it up, to me I think there are definitely more Pro's to Cons when it comes to driving...
- The freedom and independence, you can go wherever you want whenever you want
- Learn to be responsible, for yourself and others
- Learn to save money and pay bills (for a lot of people having a car is the first big payment you make and have on going costs for)
- Easy to transport with goods, never do you have to lug around shopping on the bus again
- More reliable, no more public transport delays
- It's quicker (this does depend on where you live, for example I live in a village with 1 bus every 1/2 hours that takes 45 minutes to the nearest town. Whereas my car is accessible at any time and takes 15 minutes.)
- The cost of learning to drive and buying your first car
- Upkeep on the car (insurance, tax, MOT, damage, petrol)
- Being the designated drive
- The environmental impact
I have loved the freedom that comes with being able to drive. It's only been a year, but I am definitely more efficient, plus it's good for your CV.
Thanks for reading,