Halloween make up #1 - Mermaid tutorial.




 This is something a little different from my usual posts however I love Halloween and thought I would give this a go! For this look you'll need a lot of colourful make up and glitter. The glitter I am using is glitter glue or you could use pva glue and sprinkly glitter, both which you can just peel off and isn't harmful because after all it is made for kids. 


So here I have put my normal make up on which consists of Revlon Photoready foundation in 002 Vanilla all over my face which I blend in using the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. Then I applied Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in Fair 1 under my eyes and over any blemishes, after that I took the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer in the lightest shade and applied it on my cheekbones. I then covered any concealer with Rimmels Stay Matte in translucent with the Real Techniques Powder Brush. I contoured very lightly with the Sleek Face Form palette in Fair however I used the highlight very heavily so I could add shimmer to my face. I did use the blush from the kit but I also used the Dainty Doll blusher in 001. I used  the Benefit Smokin' Eyes to fill in my eyebrows.




The eyes are very adjustable on this, where I've used some colours just change it to whatever you want and whatever suits you best. I used a Natural Collection eye shadow in Willow right up to the brow bone as well, when have you ever seen a mermaid with too much colour? I then ran a Calvin Klein Sheer Crème Eyeshadow in Retro Silver through my crease, it's not that much darker however it is very glittery. I used a No7 blue eye shadow in the crease to add depth and then I placed the pink (palette seen in first photo) in the middle of my top lid, to add dimension. I then used this blue Me Now eye/lip pencil to create a dramatic winged eye liner. The final step for the eyes is mascara of course, I used my Max Factor Wild Mega Volume mascara .




This is the last and the most fun step, GLITTER. Grab whatever colours you like and apply as I said before using craft glue is just fine and is removed so easily! I then applied a Calvin Klein Sheer Lipstick in Retro and Voilà. 

I hope you enjoyed this different type of blog post, thanks.
Poppy xx

4 comments

  1. really liked the make up
    love ur blog
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty look! I love the glitter on the sides x

    yetanothermakeupblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete